We’ve all been in a beautiful bathroom once in our life but what makes those bathrooms truly superb…? Below are some of our top tips:
- Tiling everywhere can look very clinical. Although it can make cleaning easier, if you simply tile what’s required (around the shower and sink) and don’t go crazy with your choice of tile pattern (it’s something that can quickly date) if can save you money while looking tidy and modern.
- Treat the rest of the walls like any other room in your home. Adding a feature coloured wall or specialist bathroom wallpaper is a great idea, as is painting ceiling a fresh hue.
- Lighting!! It’s important not to over-illuminate your bathroom with rows of spotlights as most people want to relax or gently wake up in their bathroom. Focus on lighting the areas that need it, with darker spots making the overall room more inviting. Wall lights on either side of a mirror adds interest and warmth to your new bathroom (just take care to pick the the right light!).
- Mirrors. Wall-to-wall mirrors can also look clinical if not done carefully. Adding a frame or choosing an interesting or round mirror can really lift the look of your bathroom.
- Flooring. Previously, bathroom floors were always tiled with the same tiles used on the walls. However this can make your new bathroom look like a spa, rather than a warm personal space designed to help you relax and unwind. We are big fans of engineered wood and wood-effect tiles, and natural stone tiles, all of which offer a different, rich texture to the hard glossy tiles previously in trend.
- Bathroom furniture. A fitted sink and storage unit, a matching towel cupboard &/or a small table with a tray of your favourite beauty products, all look great and can make efficient use of your room. If you’re short on space in your bathroom or shower room try adding a couple of shelfs, a plant or a vase of flowers (fake of course), which adds natural colour and personality to your bathroom
To you have any more tips for a great new bathroom? We’d love to hear them, please leave a comment below! To book a FREE bathroom consultation including a no-obligation quote, please contact us today.